What is Healthy Start?
Healthy Start is a statewide voluntary and free service for eligible pregnant women, infants and children to age three. Services include care coordination and specilized Healthy Start services for pregnant women and infants who are identified by a Healthy Start screen.
Contact us at 352-498-1360
Who is Eligible
Cost: This program is free for all participants.
- Care coordination
- Childbirth education
- Interconceptional education and counseling
- Psychosocial counseling
- Parenting support and education
- Breastfeeding support and education
- Assessment of infant/child's growth and development
- Smoking Cessation
- Stress reduction techniques
- Nutrition/healthy eating information for improved infant health
- Information about how you can plan future pregnancies for better health